- Use text for links rather than graphics or icons.
- Links should be three words or less.
- Text should be consistent with the title of the intended destination.
- Use caution with links that are several words long. It is recommended that links are long enough to be understood by the user, but short enough to prevent text wrapping.
- Avoid the term “Click here,” other links to “here,” or the web address itself.
- Instead, use a meaningful descriptive label for the link, and match the destination site name.