Inspiring visual design
- Guidance on how to use the mini unit (mu). Make the mini unit a constant token.
- Guidance on how to use a consistent scaling multiplier to size boxes.
- Add support for 16-column grid.
- Convert the Carbon Grid to 2mu gutter.
- Show the core colors for use in a UI, with accessible interaction states.
- Explain when I can open all the presets in the color palette.
Icons and illustration
- Show the shape elements shared by typography and icons.
- Guidelines for creating a new icon.
- Blending shape elements and color for creative illustrations that share a visual language.
Contribution and adoption
Bringing in specific contributions from other IBM teams
- Experimental flex-size components.
- Sharing CSS with Carbon Angular.
- Guidelines for composite components.
Making more reasons to contribute
- Create and distribute swag to contributors; credits on site/github; poster, T-shirt, socks, Carbon Conference ticket.
Prioritize the most important compound components, layouts, and workflow patterns. Encourage bringing these in through contribution from extended teams.
- Publish on the website the full list of all components that we propose, even if 0% complete.
- Prioritize and solicit contributions based on follows and upvotes for components.
- Shell (header, global navigation, avatar, left/right sidebars, breadcrumbs, footer)
- Data table
- Empty states
- Date picker
- Condition builder
- File uploader
- Data visualization
- Home page
- Dashboard page
- Detail page
- Profile page
- Catalogue page
- Billing and usage page
- Management page
- Docs page
- First-time use
- What's new
- Embedded help
UI Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Provide a developer with all the tooling and components needed to build a full UI - sharing common shell/chrome/panels and other layout clues.
- Make that UI Framework SDK universal for any UI.